To ensure artistic consistency in its programming, Teatre Akadèmia will incorporate companies, artists and projects that complement its philosophy, which is orientated towards research, compromise between project participants and an interest in universal themes.
Every year, there is an residence application period for companies, creators and poets with long-term aims looking for support and guidance.
We will look at each project individually, so that we can decide on the right kind of cooperation.
Companies that have been resident at the Teatre Akadèmia:
- Emilià Carilla’s company: ‘Un manicomi a Goa‘, by M. Sherman
- Sergi Pons’s company – Produccions Essencials: independent piece ‘Cinc Contes Diferents’ and ‘Els tres llops i el porc ferotge’
- Andreu Carandell’s Companyia Turruquena : ‘Un Fill del Nostre Temps’, by Ödon von Horváth
- Moisès Maicas’s company: ‘El drac d’Or‘ by Roland Schimmelpfenning and ‘Lampedusa Beach‘ by Lina Prosa
- The Teatre de l’Enjòlit, Teatro Excelsior, EU LLP Grundtvig, Théâtre d’Esch and Théâtre National du Luxembourg theatre companies: ‘99%’ by Elies Barberà and Ian De Toffol
- The La Trilateral company: ‘Solo’ by August Strindberg
- Àngels Bassas, Bohèmia’s and Figueres City Council: ‘Ciara’ by David Harrower
- The La Pell and Vania Produccions companies: ‘Troianes 15’ by Jean-Paul Sartre
- The Projecte Ingenu company: ‘Top girls’ by Caryl Churchill
- The Associació Elektra Projectes Culturals company: ‘Les cadires’ by Eugène Ionesco
- The Dei Furbi company ‘Oklahoma’ by Gemma Beltran/Cia. Dei Furbi
- The Nexus Europa and Les Antonietes Teatre companies ‘Escenes d’un matrimoni’ by Ingmar Bergman